The Portrait model provides a one-touch firmware update experience.
Checking Firmware Version
To verify your firmware is up to date, please perform the following steps:
- Install the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Open Silhouette Studio
- Go to the SEND menu panel
- Plug the power cable into the cutting machine and power on
- Connect the cutting machine to your computer with the USB cable provided
- Click on the 'Silhouette Devices' icon and select your machine (should show a USB symbol and 'Available')
NOTE: The firmware version will be listed to the right of the device
- Once selected, the machine will connect and determine if you need a firmware update
Updating the Firmware
If a firmware update is available, an 'Update Now' option will be displayed:
You can click this to initiate the update.
Do not disconnect or turn off your machine while updating. The software will say "Ready" when the update is complete.