Silhouette cutting machines can cut fabric materials in one of two ways.
- The fabric material has fabric stabilizer applied to the back
- The Rotary Blade is being used (Cameo 4 series only)
Silhouette offers an easy-to-use, no-hassle wash-away Fabric Stabilizer.
To use this product:
- Press the Fabric Stabilizer onto the back of your fabric material by hand
- Place the fabric material with the stabilizer applied onto your cutting mat -- with the stabilizer face down onto the mat
- Proceed to cut your fabric with a regular blade using your Silhouette cutting machine
- Remove your project from the cutting mat
- Wash your project to dissolve the fabric stabilizer, if desired
NOTE: The stabilzer will stay in place until it is washed away, but you do not need to wash it away if such is not necessary for your project. Silhouette Fabric Stabilizer can be sewn.
Click here for information on using the Rotary Blade to cut fabric material.