About the Crosscutter
A built-in crosscutter tool is included with the Cameo 4 series models.
A manual removable crosscutter tool is included with the Cameo 2 and Cameo 3 models.
Crosscutters may require replacement as the blade inside wears down, or if the crosscutter tool is lost.
Click here to purchase a replacement crosscutter.
Replacement Instructions for Cameo 4
To replace the crosscutter on the Cameo 4 model:
- Turn your machine around to face the back of the machine
- Make sure that the crosscutter levers are in the UP position
- Find the outline of the crosscutter cartridge
NOTE: This is a long rectangular shape that is inserted in the machine that runs the width of the machine
- On the upper right and left-hand corners, press the tabs downward at the same time and pull forward
NOTE: The tabs are different from the levers that lower the crosscutter blade into position
- Remove the crosscutter cartridge from the machine, including the rectangular frame and crosscutter blade
- Take the new crosscutter cartridge and blade with the tabs pointing upward and press it into same place where the original cartridge was removed.
NOTE: Angle the cartridge so that the bottom goes in first, and then press the top until it clicks into place