Silhouette Studio can be used with an active internet connection, or this connection can be turned off to work offline.
Working online provides the following benefits:
- Obtain any newly downloaded content from the Silhouette Design Store into your Silhouette library
- Sync changes made to your Silhouette library from other devices
- Push changes you've made on your current device onto other devices
- Upgrade the software with a purchased license key
When working offline, though you will not be able to perform the above actions, all library content that has already been synced to your device will still be accessible.
Once downloaded, all library content is stored locally on your device and can be used offline.
You will also retain access to software upgrade editions when working offline.
To toggle the software between working online and offline:
- Open Silhouette Studio
- Go to the Library
- Click on your username listed in the upper left-hand side of the Library
- Check or uncheck the box labeled 'Work Offline'
NOTE: Checking the box will allow you to work offline while unchecking the box will keep you connected
This feature will force the software to ignore your internet connection, even when your internet connection is still active.
When connected, an online connection indicator will be present in the bottom right-hand corner of the software library:
Working office may be preferable if you are concerned about or have an issue with a persistent internet connection.
When not connected and working offline, an offline indicator will be present in the bottom right-hand corner of the library: