If you are unable to fill a selected design in Silhouette Studio, this typically indicates the image is not a fully closed path.
In other words, part of the selected design is not fully closed so that the image does not have a continuously unbroken line.
In this case, the design cannot be filled.
Closing the Design
To close the design so it can be filled:
- Open Silhouette Studio
- Open and right-click on the design
- Select Ungroup or Release Compound Path (depending on what option may be available)
- Double-click on the image to enter Point Edit Mode
- Inspect the edit points to locate the line break
NOTE: The break in the line will be indicated by a red edit point
- Close the path by connecting the red edit points either by clicking on the red dot, or zooming in to drag the red end points together
NOTE: In many cases, you will not be able to see both red edit points unless you are zoomed in very closely
- Once there are no more red points and the path is closed, you should be able to fill your design
Reporting Design Store Content
If the design is from the Silhouette Design Store, please report the design ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have the original image corrected.