If you are using an imported design (from a location other than the Silhouette Design Store) and using it as a fill pattern, the software freezing likely indicates that the fill pattern files are too large.
Resampling the Original Design
To resolve this concern:
- Open Silhouette Studio
NOTE: Make sure you are running the latest version
- Go to the Library
- Right-click on the pattern in question in your Library
- Select Delete Item
- Right-click on the library's Recycle Bin
- Select 'Empty Recycle Bin'
- Download following zip file: https://dl.silhcdn.com/6fa66d0def76c9af
- Unzip the file and run the 'Resample Images' program
- Re-sample the original designs to a lower pixel rate by dragging and dropping files to have them converted automatically
This process will re-sample the original images to make them smaller and friendlier for the Silhouette Studio program. We would recommend to re-sample into a JPG at a rate of 500px.
- Import the converted image back into the Library