If your cutting machine is not powering on when you press the power button, check all points listed below to find the source of the concern.
1. Check the Power Button
If the machine is not powering on, sometimes the power button has simply not been pressed firmly.
Attempt to firmly press and hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
2. Check the Cord Connections
Check the power cord connection to make sure the power cord is firmly connected at all points as follows:
- Completely unplug the power cord from the Silhouette machine and then firmly plug it back into the machine
- Remove the plug from the wall or power strip and then firmly plug it back into place
- If using a power strip, double-check to ensure the power strip is powered on
3. Check the Power Source
In order to rule out the power source as the concern, try plugging the power cord into an alternate outlet that is known to work with another device.
4. Check the power cord
If you have an alternate Silhouette brand power cord from another Silhouette machine, swap it out to test the power cord.
If you have another brand cord that is compatible, you can test it as well. The power cord should match the following specifications:
Input: 100-240V~ 50/60Hz, 1.2A
Output: +24V - 1.25A (up to 2.0A)
Output polarity: Positive center
NOTE: We do not recommend buying another cord to perform this test if you do not already have access to one
5. Run Power Test
After reviewing all of the above, attempt the following:
- Unplug the power cord from the side of the cutting machine
- Press and hold the power button
- While holding down the power button, plug the power cord back into the machine and continue to hold the power button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button
If the light on the machine does not illuminate, then this indicates a power failure.
If the light on the machine illuminates but you are unable to use the machine, this would indicate a bricked firmware issue.
If you have reached this point without resolution, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Your machine model
- Serial number (located on the back of the machine)
- Power cord in use
- Confirmation of the power test from Step 5 above
- Provide a video showing confirmation that all connections are made while the machine is not powered on