A 'File Type Not Supported' error message indicates one of the following:
- The file type is not compatible with the Silhouette Studio version and/or edition in use
- The wrong method is being used to try and open the file
- There is an issue or corruption with the file
Checking File Type
Check your file to confirm that it is in a compatible file type format.
You may need to do one of the following:
- Update your software to a version that better supports the file type (includes updated bug fixes)
- Upgrade to an edition that supports the file type
Use any one of the following methods to open supported file types:
- Go to File > Open
- Click on the 'Open' icon
- Drag the file from a file explorer window into Silhouette Studio
Checking the File
If continued issues are encountered, you are welcome to send the file to email@example.com for review.
NOTE: While we can try to open the file to confirm whether or not there may be an issue, we cannot guarantee or fix files you have created, or files obtained from sources other than the Silhouette Design Store. We can only confirm whether or not it can be opened.